Wheat-grass is a Herbal food Supplement prepared from the grass blades (shoots) of wheat plant (Triticumaestivum).
Harvest time is The most crucial, in determining the quality of wheat-grass powder. Organically grown Wheat-grass, after the germination, on the 7th day selected shoots are naturally dehydrated under 450 and powdered to get maximum health benefits.
Wheat grass can also be harvested at homes, to prepare fresh green juice, as per requirements.
A superior quality pure Wheat grass (with absolutely no seeds in it) does not contain any traces of Gluten.
Wheat-grass is a nutrition rich Dietary fiber containing more or less every ingredient every age needs. The vitamins and minerals present in wheat-grass juice are recognized by the body as food. It is a very good detoxification agent. Wheat-grass is known for its therapeutic values since ancient times, according to Indian Ayurveda & Egyptians. Modern day researchers have hailed it as “Panacea on Earth”, “Green Blood”.
‘Let thy food be thy medicine.’ –Hippocrates
(father of modern medicine)
Nutritional values: It is a power house of most vitamins, essential amino acids; a few to mention are Chlorophyll, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E (Alpha Tocopherol), Vitamin K, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Pantothenic Acid, Iron, Calcium, Copper, Magnesium, Zinc, Selenium, Potassium etc.,
- Wheat-grass powder contains up to 70% chlorophyll.
- Wheat-grass contains 19 amino acids, which form the basis for proteins.
- It contains more than 30 enzymes, which helps in Digestion related issues.
- Wheat-grass contains 92 minerals needed by the body to function at optimal level.
- 100gms of wheat-grass powder approximately contains 23kgs of the high-quality vegetable nutrients.
- Wheat-grass has more vitamin C than oranges and more vitamin A than carrots.
The 70% chlorophyll present is an important blood builder; neutralizes toxins in the body, helps purify the liver, improves digestion, helps eliminate constipation problems, uterus problems and also helps in improving blood sugar balancing. Chlorophyll is antibacterial and can be used for internal or external as a natural healer in different conditions.
“Wheat-grass can double your red blood cell count; no other blood builders are superior to wheat-grass. – Dr. Bernard Jensen, (from his book, Health Magic through Chlorophyll)
Chlorophyll contains enzymes and super- oxide dismutase, a copper-containing protein found in mature red blood cells. This enzyme decomposes superoxide radicals in the body into a more manageable form, thereby helping to slow down the aging process. Chlorophyll is the first product of light and, therefore, contains more light energy than any other food.
Wheat-grass is superior because it has been found to have over 100 elements (chk: Mendelevs Periodic-Table) needed by man. If grown in organic soil, it absorbs 92 of the known 115 minerals from the soil. Wheat-grass contains a full spectrum of vitamins and minerals, including the thirteen essential ones, combined with dozens of trace elements and enzymes.
“Food can be the greatest form of medicine, or the slowest form of poison.” – Ann Wigmore
Health Benefits of Wheat Grass Powder
- High amounts of Chlorophyll present in wheat-grass helps detoxify the body.
- Wheat-grass helps in Cellular Repair and Immune System strengthening
- Stimulates your thyroid gland
- Wheat-grass helps in most of the skin problems including acne, eczema, psoriasis and improves in muscle toning
- Increases Red Blood-Cell count; cleanses liver and the blood, organs and gastrointestinal tract; simulates metabolism.
- Wheat-grass reduces over-acidity in your blood and relieves peptic ulcers, ulcerative colitis, also helps in Impotency and Infertility etc.,
- Research has proven that Wheat-grass increases blood Hemoglobin count, also helps combat Thalassemia & Anemia effectively
- Helps Wound Healing, pH Balance of body
- Helps stimulate Hormonal balance, diabetes and Obesity
- Recent researches have proven its significant anti-tumor activity
For best results, mix 1 spoon (3 gms) of Wheat-grass Powder in a glass of warm water & drink on an empty stomach. If you are taste savvy, add 1 tsp. honey or 1 tsp. lemon juice or mix with any sweet fruit juice. Consume it continuously for 3-4 months and give a break for a month and restart consuming daily again.
Any age group can consume it without any side effects; Pregnant women, please consult your doctor before consuming wheat grass powder.
Filed under: Health Tagged: | anemic, blood increaser, chlorophyll, colitis, Immunity increaser, obesity, ph balancer, pitta reducer, ulcer, wheat grass uses, Wheat-grass, Wheatgrass, wheatgrass benefits